Screw conveyor, commonly known as stranding dragon, is a kind of machinery that uses the motor to drive the screw to rotate and push the materials to realize the conveying purpose. The utility model can transport horizontally, obliquely or vertically, and has the advantages of simple structure, small cross-sectional area, good sealing performance, convenient operation, easy maintenance, convenient closed transportation, etc. The screw conveyor can be divided into two types in terms of conveying form: axial screw conveyor and shaftless screw conveyor. In terms of appearance, it can be divided into U-type screw conveyor and tubular screw conveyor. The shaftless screw conveyor is suitable for cohesionless dry powder materials and small particle materials (such as cement, fly ash, lime, grain, etc.), while the shaftless screw conveyor is suitable for the sticky and winding materials.
Working principle of screw conveyor:
When the screw shaft rotates, due to the gravity of the material and the friction force generated between the material and the tank wall, the material can only move forward along the bottom of the conveyor trough under the push of the blade, which is like the non rotating nut moving along the rotating screw for translation. The movement of materials in the middle bearing depends on the thrust of materials moving forward behind. Therefore, the transportation of materials in the conveyor is a kind of sliding movement. In order to make the screw shaft in a more favorable tension state, the drive device and the discharge port are generally placed at the same end of the conveyor, while the feed port is placed near the tail of the other end as far as possible. The rotating screw blade will push the material to transport, so that the material does not rotate with the screw conveyor blade. The force is the weight of the material itself and the friction resistance of the shell of the screw conveyor to the material. According to the different conveying materials, there are solid surface, belt surface, blade surface and so on. The screw shaft of the screw conveyor has a thrust bearing at the end of the material movement direction to give the axial reaction force to the screw along with the material. When the captain is long, the intermediate suspension bearing shall be added.
Features of screw conveyor:
1. The structure is simple and the cost is low.
2. Reliable work, easy maintenance and management.
3. Compact size, small section size, small floor area. In the unloading operation of the port, it is easy to enter and exit the hatch and carriage.
4. It can realize the sealed transportation, which is conducive to the transportation of materials that are easy to fly, hot and strong smell, reduce the environmental pollution and improve the working conditions of port workers.
5. Easy loading and unloading. The horizontal screw conveyor can be loaded and unloaded at any point on its transmission line: the vertical screw conveyor can have excellent reclaiming performance compared with the spiral reclaiming device.
6. It can transport materials in two directions at the same time, i.e. in the middle or far away from the middle.
7. The unit energy consumption is large.
Structure of screw conveyor:
Screw conveyor consists of head bearing, tail bearing, suspension bearing, screw, casing, cover plate and base. The driving device is composed of motor, reducer, coupling and base.
Application scope of screw conveyor:
Screw conveyor is widely used in various industries, such as building materials, chemical industry, electric power, metallurgy, coal mine carbon, grain and other industries. It is suitable for horizontal or inclined conveying of powder, granular and small pieces of materials, such as coal mine, ash, slag, cement, grain and so on. The material temperature is less than 200 ℃. Screw conveyor is not suitable for conveying perishable, sticky and caking materials. In the concrete mixing plant, the function of screw conveyor is embodied.
last page:Bucket elevator
next page:Scraper conveyor